NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
I. THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY. BECAUSE WE ARE A MEDICAL CARE PROVIDER THAT DOES NOT ENGAGE IN ANY TRANSACTIONS THAT INVOKE COVERAGE OF THE HIPAA PRIVACY ACT, THE PRIVACY PRACTICES AND TERMS DESCRIBED IN THIS NOTICE ARE VOLUNTARILY UNDERTAKEN. THEREFORE, NOTHING IN THIS NOTICE SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS CREATING ANY CONTRACTUAL OR LEGAL RIGHTS ON BEHALF OF CLIENTS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES AND THIS NOTICE AT ANY TIME.
II. Safeguarding Your Protected Health Information
Individually identifiable information about your past, present, or future health or condition, the provision of health care to you, or payment for health care is considered "Protected Health Information" (PHI). We will extend certain protections to your PHI. This Notice explains how, when and why we may use or disclose your PHI. Except in specified circumstances, we will only use or disclose the minimum necessary PHI to accomplish the intended purpose of the use or disclosure.
III. How We May Use and Disclose Your Protected Health Information
We use and disclose PHI for a variety of reasons. We may use and/or disclose your PHI for purposes of treatment or our health care operations. For uses beyond that, we will ordinarily obtain your written authorization. The following offers more description and some examples of the potential uses and disclosures of your PHI:
Uses and Disclosures Relating to Treatment or Health Care Operations. We may disclose your PHI to doctors, nurses and other health care personnel who are involved in providing your health care. Your PHI may be shared with outside entities performing ancillary services to your treatment. Also, we may use and/or, disclose your PHI as may be reasonably necessary in the course of operating our medical help clinic. We may also send or communicate appointment reminders but subject to our normal confidentiality policies and any special instructions that you have given.
Uses and Disclosures for Which Special Authorization Will Be Sought. For uses beyond treatment and operations purposes, we will ordinarily seek to obtain your authorization before disclosing your PHI. However, disclosure of your PHI may be made without your consent or authorization when required by law, when required for public health reasons, when necessary to avert a threat of harm to you or a third person, or when other circumstances may require or reasonably warrant such disclosure.
IV. How You May Have Access to or Control of Your Protected Health Information.
The following is a description of the steps you may take to access or to otherwise control the disposition of your PHI:
To request restrictions on uses/disclosures: You may ask that we limit how we use or disclose your PHI. We will consider your request, but we are not legally bound to agree to the restriction. To the extent that we do agree to such restrictions, we will abide by such restrictions except in emergency situations. We cannot agree to limit uses/disclosures that are required by law.
To choose how we contact you: You may ask that we send you information at an alternative address or by alternative means.
We will agree to your request so long as it is reasonably easy for us to do so.
To inspect and copy your PHI: Unless your access is restricted for clear and documented treatment reasons, you will be permitted to inspect your protected health information upon written request. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
If we deny your request for access, we will give you written reasons for the denial. If you want copies of your PHI, we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate any such request. You may designate selected portions of your PHI for copy.
To request amendment of your PHI: If you believe that there is a mistake or missing information in our record of your PHI, you may request in writing that we correct or add to the record. We will respond within 60 days of receiving your request. Any denial will state the reasons for the denial. If we approve the request for amendment, we will change the PHI and so inform you. We will also inform any others who have a need to know about such changes.
To find out what disclosures have been made: You may request for us to provide you with a list of all disclosures of your PHI which we have made except for such disclosures as have been made in connection with your treatment, our health care operations, or as specifically required by law. We will respond to your request within 60 days of receiving it.
To receive this notice: You may receive a paper or electronic copy of this notice upon request.
V. Contact Person: If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact the Nurse Manager at:
Life Centers of Ventura County
Portal Terms and Conditions
(Last updated: January 6, 2024)
Please read the terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) entirely and carefully before using the Portal Application (Portal). These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior written notice at any time, at Life Center of Ventura County’s (LCVC) sole discretion. These Terms and Conditions outline our practices regarding the Portal and our sensitivity to your right to privacy. We reserve the right and discretion to revoke access at any time for any reason.
YOUR PORTAL RECORD
LCVC is pleased to offer you a Portal. It is an online service that provides you with convenient access to portions of your medical record. It also offers a secure method of online communication with our LCVC team for such activities as secure image and document exchange, direct appointment scheduling, and secure online messaging.
The ability to sign in and access the Portal requires multiple layers of verifiable personal Information as authentication as well as confirmation of a unique six-digit security code received by text which provides an additional layer of security.
RESPONSE TO SECURE MESSAGING
We will use our best effort to provide a timely response to electronic inquiries. In some cases, the staff may not be available immediately to respond.
Emergency situations requiring immediate attention should not be submitted electronically. For all urgent medical matters, contact your physician’s office by phone, go to an emergency room, or dial 911.
SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
As a Portal user, your role in maintaining the security of your medical information is:
- Keeping your login credentials confidential (never share them with anyone).
- Keeping your personal mobile device secure.
You hereby assume full responsibility for your use of the Portal and full liability for actions that occur from end user access and use of the Portal. You agree that LCVC shall be held harmless against any and all damages or claims you may have related to your access and use of the Portal including (but not limited to) unauthorized access and the disclosure and use of information. You agree your sole and exclusive remedy in the event of such damages or claims is to cease using the Portal.
We afford the same degree of confidentiality to medical information stored in your Portal as is given to medical information stored by LCVC in any other medium. We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your medical information. We limit team members’ access and ability to enter or view information based upon their role in your care. Firewalls, passwords, encryption, and audit trails are further used to safeguard your information.
CONDITIONS OF USE
- You shall use the Portal in a lawful and respectful manner. You must not use the Portal to harass, threaten, defame, or infringe the rights of any other person or entity.
- You shall not use the Portal to transmit or store any content that is illegal, harmful, offensive, or inappropriate as determined in the sole discretion of LCVC You shall not use the Portal to send unsolicited or unauthorized messages, advertisements or other solicitations.
- You shall not attempt to access, modify, or interfere with the Portal or its data in any unauthorized way. You shall not use any software or device that may compromise the security or functionality of the Portal.
- You acknowledge that the Portal is provided "as is" and "as available" without any warranties or guarantees of any kind. The LCVC does not warrant that the Portal will be error-free, uninterrupted, or compatible with your device or network. The LCVC does not warrant that the Portal will meet your expectations or requirements.
- You acknowledge that the Portal may contain sensitive and confidential information about your health and medical condition. You agree to use the Portal at your own risk and discretion. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the privacy and security of your personal information.
- You acknowledge that LCVC may modify, suspend, or terminate the Portal or change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. Your continued use of the Portal after such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
- You acknowledge that these Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the LCVC regarding your use of the Portal. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
USE OF PORTAL
By accessing and using the Portal, you hereby acknowledge your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, and confirm that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.